Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Internet connection "halfcut"

886 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  chemist 
#1 ·
So, I have a virus, which 3 or 4 antivirus programs I've downloaded can't find. I can't browse internet in peace. Everything is normal and my internet connection shows 2 out of 5 lines (it works well), then all of a sudden, 1 line and can't open webpages. It doesn't even try to load them. But websites I'm on are working normally but without photos. Only text and links. I need a way to detect and delete that virus. I tried with safe mode but antivirus can't scan in safe mode. Also, I'm using 8.1.

#2 ·
Hello and Welcome to TSF.

If you haven't already, please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

Please download AdwCleaner from here and save it to your desktop.
  • Do NOT click the green 'Download' button(if visible).
  • Click the blue 'Download now @bleepingcomputer' button.
  • Run AdwCleaner and select Scan
  • Once the Scan is done, select Clean
  • Once done it will ask to reboot, please allow the reboot.
  • On reboot, a log will be produced. It can also be found at C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[S#].txt
  • Please copy/paste the contents of the log in your next reply.

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system.
If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them.
Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to the disclaimer.
  • Make sure the Addition.txt button is ticked.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.

#3 ·
Due to lack of response, this topic will now be closed. If you need continued support, please begin a new thread, and provide a link to this topic. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic, after following the steps outlined here:

IMPORTANT - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.