Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Security Center > Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help

How to get rid of bluekai

This is a discussion on How to get rid of bluekai within the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Everytime I login to my ISP [NetZero] after afew seconds the browser attempts to redirect to some bluekai page. after

Old 01-12-2012, 04:35 PM   #1
Registered Member

Everytime I login to my ISP [NetZero] after afew seconds the browser attempts to redirect to some bluekai page. after several minutes I get a page can't be found and I can diagnose the problem. I don't..
I don't know why this is happening and how to stop it. I have opted out of bluekai and many others, but the browser still wants to redirect.
I have flushed ISP, rebooted and reinstalled netzero. RegSeeker doesn't find anything.

Is there a fix? Help please.

Old 01-12-2012, 04:37 PM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 8 64, Windows 7 64 Bit SP1, XP SP3, Mac OSX

My System

If you are being redirected, then you are infected. Please click on the link for Virus/Malware Help in my signature and do as many of those steps as you can and skip those that you can't and post there for more help.

spunk.funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 09:44 AM   #3
Registered Member

Hi - I am a product manager at BK and would like to see if I can help get to the root cause of this issue, since this should not be happening. Please send me a direct-message with an email address where I can reach you - I would like to set up a phone call and webex with you to get some additional information about this problem.

Thanks,

David
Old 01-15-2012, 03:49 PM   #4
Registered Member

Dave,

You may contact me at
Old 01-15-2012, 04:29 PM   #5
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

I have edited out your Email address so you will not be bombarded with spam. this is an international forum. If you want to contact Dave, click his name and choose Send Private Message.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:21 AM   #6
Registered Member

I downloaded and ran dds and gmer. That seems to have cleared the problem as last two days my netzero page has NOT attempted to redirect to bluekai.

If I have done it correctly I have uploaded ark. zip, attach.zip, and dds files.

Is there anything else I need to do? Will I hear about results of files I uploaded?

If my pc is now fixed I will tackle my wife's pc that is doing the same thing.

Thank you to everyone.

Culver
Attached Files
File Type: txt dds.txt (11.7 KB, 37 views)
Old 01-17-2012, 02:20 PM   #7
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Due to forum rules we cannot help you with malware removal in the XP forum. I have moved you over to the Security Forum
Old 01-18-2012, 08:27 AM   #8
Registered Member

I'm not sure how to get post in proper forum. I accessed the forum and followed link so hope this is in security. Is there anything else I need to do?