Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Security Center > Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help

facebook won't let me sign in- malware?

This is a discussion on facebook won't let me sign in- malware? within the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I was reading a comment someone left, and facebook shunted me back to log in screen, after I logged in

Old 07-03-2012, 11:11 PM   #1
TSF Enthusiast

My System

I was reading a comment someone left, and facebook shunted me back to log in screen, after I logged in it tells me I need to secure my account and use the McAfee ap they are providing.

I don't want to use it, and I resent them forcing me to in order to access my account, provided it is really them and it isn't really McAfee and it ITSELF is a virus and will download something other than McAfee. Any way past it?

Old 07-05-2012, 07:19 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Any idea? I really want to be able to access my account.

Old 07-07-2012, 07:11 AM   #3
Administrator
Management Team, Security Center & TSF Academy
Expert Analyst, Moderator, Security Team
Rangemaster, Moderator, TSF Academy

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

This appears to be a valid warning. 'Internet doomsday' malware explained in helpful video - Technolog on msnbc.com

Quote:
Both Facebook and Google created their own warning messages that showed up if someone using either site appeared to have an infected computer. Facebook users would get a message that says, "Your computer or network might be infected," along with a link that users can click for more information.
If you don't want to use the procedure they are offering, you need to clean your PC properly. Please follow the instructions in our pre-posting topic New Instructions - Read This Before Posting for Malware Removal Help and post the requested logs in your next reply.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Microsoft MVP - 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

"It is one life whether we spend it laughing or weeping." "Take the time to laugh--it is the music of the soul."
Ried is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 11:32 AM   #4
TSF Enthusiast

My System

I decided to just try to use the program they want me to, it has me download it, but I can't install it, nothing happens when I click the icon after downloading it.

edit: It appears what I am supposed to do is double click it- again it gives me no acknowledgement anything has been installed, then go to facebook and try to log in again, but it's still not working. It scans a scan there, and never gets past 0%
Old 07-07-2012, 03:39 PM   #5
Administrator
Management Team, Security Center & TSF Academy
Expert Analyst, Moderator, Security Team
Rangemaster, Moderator, TSF Academy

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

Then I highly recommend you let us take a look. Please follow the instructions in our pre-posting topic New Instructions - Read This Before Posting for Malware Removal Help and post the requested logs in your next reply.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Microsoft MVP - 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

"It is one life whether we spend it laughing or weeping." "Take the time to laugh--it is the music of the soul."
Ried is offline   Reply With Quote