Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Security Center > Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help

Can i delete Qoobox?

This is a discussion on Can i delete Qoobox? within the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello i have a question, is it safe to delete the Qoobox (C:\Qoobox) folder made by Combofix by just right-click-deleting

Old 10-06-2011, 03:09 AM   #1
Registered Member

Question

Hello i have a question, is it safe to delete the Qoobox (C:\Qoobox) folder made by Combofix by just right-click-deleting it?

I ask because a few months back i got rid of some malware and such (thanks Reid) but when i was done and was given the all clear i did not uninstall Combofix by using the script accidentaly, i think i just deleted Combofix.exe and left it at that.

Thanks for any answers in advance.

Old 10-16-2011, 08:36 PM   #2
Administrator
Management Team, Security Center & TSF Academy
Expert Analyst, Moderator, Security Team
Rangemaster, Moderator, TSF Academy

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

Hi seany15.

You can still uninstall ComboFix properly. Download this file and execute it.

Microsoft MVP - 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

"It is one life whether we spend it laughing or weeping." "Take the time to laugh--it is the music of the soul."
Ried is offline   Reply With Quote

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking to get better quality on my scans
I have HP C4180 All-in-one (print, scan, copy) Right now I'm trying to scan a yearbook that I never got myself, back when I was in middle school. I want to scan the whole thing and return it to the owner, who has not had it in months. Only thing is, I don't want the quality to be bad as I probably...
PC person Printer Support 4 06-15-2011 07:02 PM
Copy / Delete Tables and Sections in a Doc.
Hi, I am working on documents that need to perform actions as copy, paste and delete. I am working on Documents that contain Tables, Appendices and off course Sections that I need to move (delete) to New Documents or Excel. The purpose is to copy complete documents to a software TcSE. I have over...
flds Microsoft Office support 0 05-28-2011 12:52 PM
[SOLVED] VCExpress Problem, Probably AppData\Permissions Problem?
I think it should be related to this forum because I think the problem is something with AppData \ Permissions which is related to Windows 7. I'm having a problem while running\installing Visual C++. The problem started 2 days ago, it did work before. When I'm trying to run I'm getting this...
benben12 Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 8 02-09-2011 01:45 PM
[SOLVED] Can't delete file
I am using Windows Vista. A strange file appeared on my desktop after downloading some software from a Chinese website, which I thought would be useful for my work. The software has been uninstalled, but despite trying several methods, I can't delete this file. The file appears on my...
jej Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 11 01-09-2011 07:31 AM