Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Design Forum > Web Design & Development

Yahoo Sitebuilder - Your session has expired issue

This is a discussion on Yahoo Sitebuilder - Your session has expired issue within the Web Design & Development forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi everyone, I'm trying to use Yahoo Sitebuilder to edit an existing site but I can't even open it! I've

Old 09-13-2011, 01:38 AM   #1
Registered Member

Question

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to use Yahoo Sitebuilder to edit an existing site but I can't even open it! I've been given the username and password required to import the site however I get this error message: 'Your session has expired. Please try again. You will be prompted to enter a new username and password.'

I've searched for answers and found the following: Allow 3rd party cookies - done. Turn on and off the computer and try again - done. Try a different browser - well I don't use a browser...I open it in Site builder....? Log into your Yahoo Mail account and log back out as it may be because a session wasn't logged out - it's not my account so I can't do that but I know this isn't the problem.

Any ideas??

Old 09-13-2011, 10:28 PM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Try clearing your cookies then logging in....

The session might still be stored locally and this may be causing the problem....

A good cookie/temp cleaner is: CCleaner - Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

Running this should get rid of most of your cookies...

If you don't feel like downloading something let me know your browser and I will tell you how to clear cache/cookies.

BTW, welcome to TSF!

..Notepad++ | CoffeeCup | WAMP | GIMP | VLC | Debut | CometBird | Web Dev
Laxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 06:44 AM   #3
Registered Member

Hi Laxer,

Thanks for that, it seems to have worked! CCleaner is great, I use it on my personal computer :)

And thanks for the welcome...I have a feeling I'll be posting here regularly!!
Old 09-14-2011, 11:43 AM   #4
Design Team

Yeah. I use CCleaner as well it's a great tool. !!!!!

And btw you can clear your cache/cookies by pressing down Shift + Ctrl + Del and opening the window.
Old 09-14-2011, 12:07 PM   #5
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorop3 View Post
Yeah. I use CCleaner as well it's a great tool. !!!!!

And btw you can clear your cache/cookies by pressing down Shift + Ctrl + Del and opening the window.
I suppose you could have also done ctrl + F5 to clear the cache for that site

Anyway, let me know if you run into any other problems. Hope you see you around!

..Notepad++ | CoffeeCup | WAMP | GIMP | VLC | Debut | CometBird | Web Dev
Laxer is offline   Reply With Quote