Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Design Forum > Web Design & Development

[SOLVED] Joomla ----> Problems

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] Joomla ----> Problems within the Web Design & Development forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, I am trying to build a website but with Joomla for the first time but I'm stuck. I don't

Old 09-01-2011, 07:24 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi,

I am trying to build a website but with Joomla for the first time but I'm stuck. I don't know what to do and apart form that I am getting these errors:
Strict Standards: Static function JDatabase::test() should not be abstract in C:\xampp\htdocs\joomla15\libraries\joomla\database\database.php on line 350

Strict Standards: Accessing static property JCache::$_handler as non static in C:\xampp\htdocs\joomla15\libraries\joomla\cache\cache.php on line 394

Strict Standards: Accessing static property JCache::$_handler as non static in C:\xampp\htdocs\joomla15\libraries\joomla\cache\cache.php on line 396

Strict Standards: Accessing static property JCache::$_handler as non static in C:\xampp\htdocs\joomla15\libraries\joomla\cache\cache.php on line 396

Strict Standards: Accessing static property JCache::$_handler as non static in C:\xampp\htdocs\joomla15\libraries\joomla\cache\cache.php on line 394

What Can I do? Please Help me.

Regards,
Matteus

Old 09-01-2011, 03:55 PM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

You need to adjust the setting in php....

Find your php.ini file and edit it to match:

locate (ctrl+f)
Code:
error_reporting =
And change the value to
Code:
error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_DEPRECATED
locate (ctrl+f)
Code:
display_errors = On
And change the value to
Code:
display_errors = Off
Double check your setting by creating a blank php page with the code:

Code:
<? phpinfo(); ?>

..Notepad++ | CoffeeCup | WAMP | GIMP | VLC | Debut | CometBird | Web Dev
Laxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 03:56 PM   #3
Registered Member

I have not created any webpages at the moment though so how can I edit that file that you told me?

Thanks
Old 09-01-2011, 04:00 PM   #4
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

You have to find the file and open it with a text editor....

Usually its here: C:\xampp\php\php.ini

Once you open the file just find the lines and change them... this should get you up and running.

Old 09-03-2011, 08:03 AM   #5
Registered Member

Thanks a lot my friend. It has worked :)

How can I start creating my site from here now as I am confused?
Old 09-03-2011, 04:23 PM   #6
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Give this a good read: Beginners - Joomla! Documentation

Should have all the information you need.

Old 09-08-2011, 02:24 AM   #7
Registered Member

Thanks a lot for your help ;)
Old 10-19-2011, 09:57 AM   #8
Registered Member

Thumbs Up

Hi Guys,
I tried following posted on another forum:
please do the following

Open Joomla admin
go to global configuration >> server
please change error reporting to SIMPLE (instead of none, as mentioned there)

Please check if it works for you also.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:07 AM   #9
Registered Member

Thank you harishdahiya, I tried your suggestion:Open Joomla admin

It works! and it,s much easier way than to edit the php.ini file.
Old 12-05-2011, 06:55 PM   #10
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Quote:
Originally Posted by togyar View Post
Thank you harishdahiya, I tried your suggestion:Open Joomla admin

It works! and it,s much easier way than to edit the php.ini file.
Welcome to TSF!
AND
Thanks for the feedback!

I didn't know the option existed in the Joomla ACP but certainly makes the life of a non-programmer much easier!

Wonderful find harishdahiya,

Thanks for your help!

Gear in this thread