Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

A fake IPs problem.

1K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  Laxer 
#1 ·
Hey everybody!I want to ask if there is any program that finds fake IPs or people who use proxy or hotshield.. Because I am creating a site for which unique clicks are important.And its important for me to find out who's trying to lie me.Thanks in advance!

#2 ·
Hi,

You cant really stop people from accessing your site with a proxy without blocking the IP address of known proxy sites.

The easiest way to check who the IP belongs to would be to do a reverse lookup on the IP address.

Type the IP address into mxtoolbox.com. It should tell you who it belongs too. People use proxys for a number of different reasons. Also, remember that not everyone has a static IP Address.

Dave

#4 ·
Thread moved to Web Design and Development
================================

I have you moved your thread to here to better assist you.

#5 ·
Thanks CyberMan,

Without having something static(email, username, etc) there is no way to associate IPs together except from similar ISPs/subNets.

Few things you could do to limit down IPs... There are some lists available of active popular proxys that you could ban from your site.

You could also limit it by region... (if your only looking for N.American IPs for example you can limit it down to Canada/USA/Mexico and block all foreign IPs)

Lastly you could try to kick some of the proxy viewers out....

A lot of proxy websites use Frames to connect you to the new site...

This simple javascript will kick them out of the frame:
Code:
<script language="javascript">
if (top.location != location) top.location.href = location.href;
</script>
I don't know if you can do anything more to limit them, never have put much research into it :grin:

#8 ·
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.