Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Crashed!

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  jcgriff2 
#1 ·
I realize we have BSOD experts here on ExTS. Reading in that section, I saw that we have a limited number of annalist and maybe this software would help them. I use Who crashed and Windows Reliability Monitor to help solve BSOD. If members used these and then posted in our BSOD section and asked for help; if they couldn't solve their problems, it would take a load off our experts. Those are my thoughts. I'm not trying to change how TSF handles blue screens!
Download WhoCrashed Free Home Edition - MajorGeeks
Quoted from Major Geeks!
WhoCrashed shows the drivers which have been crashing your computer with a single click. In most cases it can pinpoint the offending drivers which have been causing misery on your computer system in the past. It does post-mortem crashdump analysis and presents all gathered information in a comprehensible way.

Normally, debugging skills and a set of debugging tools are required to do post-mortem crash dump analysis. By using this utility you do not need any debugging skills to be able to find out what drivers are causing trouble to your computer.

#3 ·
Thanks for the link. I live in retirement village and help seniors for free with their printers and computers. When I looked at that program, it required tools and debugging skills. Who crashed is very easy for me to use and I don't need any skills.
I won't interfere with the experts here on TSF, but Who crashed works really well for me. It's some times hard to change our old ways.:wink::wink:

#5 ·
The data collection app is just that it collects data to and .dmp files to allow analyst to run Windebug alone or through the Sysnative BSOD app that Mike wrote which automatically runs certain commands in Windebug along with analyzing the driver list for outdated drivers.

Who crashed is ok but can run you down the wrong path if it doesn't name a driver or only names the driver/process that called for the stop and not actual problem driver.

#6 ·
OK Thanks for the good info. I use the reliability monitor with Who Crashed. I've found that you have to find out if it's hardware or software that's causing the BSOD. I use another program to check for up dated drivers. I like to check the hardware. HD and RAM also. I have used driver verifier before. I use slim drivers to check if there are up dates for drivers. BSOD can be a real challenge. I'm not planning on changing how TSF handles BSOD and I'm not going to take away anyone's job here.
There are more than one way to skin a cat. That's what my grandpa always told me. LOL
PS I repeat, "I'm not here to change the way TSF handles BSOD" I'm here to learn new things and maybe help a little!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.