Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

What's the difference between a recovery disk and a repair disk

4K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Orttimus Prime 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi There seems to be a little confusion for some PC users about a System Repair Disk and system Recovery Disks. Both are great tools but are very different. I hope this link will clear this up. You need to have both stored in a safe place.
Andy Rathbone » What’s the difference between a System Recovery disc and Windows 7’s System Repair disc?

PS I have the system recovery disks(5) and also a 16GB PNY USB with factory recovery. If you haven't created these, you need to do that soon!!
I also have several of the system repair Cd's which I give to senior citizens. They are excellent to boot windows when windows fails to boot.:wink::wink::dance:

#5 ·
Hi! If you didn't create a system repair CD, here's a link where you can down load the ISO file!
Create a Windows 7 System Repair Disc — MAXIMUMpcguides – Windows 7 tips, tricks, help, and how-to guides

Download a System Repair Disc

If you don’t want to go through the process of creating a system repair disc you can download it below.

Note: You need to download the system repair disc associated with your computer’s architecture (32 or 64-bit). How do I find out if my version of Windows is 32 or 64-bit?

#8 ·
Interesting. I just wrote an article on how to create an installation disc (recovery), but I never thought to mention repair discs or the difference between the two. Another day I guess. I always prefer to recover from my system image though. I don't trust the repair, especially since I'd have to eventually back up after the repair. I don't know, maybe I'm just paranoid. But, Sir, I must ask, why do you have so many backups? I have one at home on an external and another external that I keep offsite in case of a fire or something, but five? Are they all distributed in various locations or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.