Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Speedfan....

3K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  joeten 
#1 ·
Apart from the usual anti-nastyware freeware, I don't use much freeware nowadays - However, 1 freebie I do use is 'Speedfan', used to monitor the various PC's temperatures and display them in the System-Tray.

It's a bit of a hassle to get it working accurately, you need a 2nd utility for accurate temperatures, but once Speedfan is configured properly, it's an extremely handy utility to have sitting in your System-Tray.

It can also be used to control your PC's fans, if they're connected to the motherboard, but I've never used that part to see if/how it works.

#5 ·
I have speed fan! on my desk top. I'm going to look further how to use this freeware!
Very cool and the temps compare with Speccy temps. Never thought about putting it in the tray! It works great!
Thanks WereBO!!:thumb::thumb:

Attachments

#7 ·
I am yet to notice SpeedFan control my system/case fan. Nothing really happens despite setting it up correctly. I never interfere with the hsf, I let the cpu control its fan, which it does very well. My case fan is annoyingly loud, always running at full speed even if I manually set limits in speedfan. I suppose it's a matter of board compatibility/functionality. As for temps, I too like it's system tray feature, something HWMonitor lacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.