Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Windows acting like the 'Alt' key is stuck, and other similar issues.

27K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Adacus 
#1 ·
I've got this issue where at seemingly random times, my computer will all of a sudden "hold down" the alt key. Opening the On-screen keyboard shows the button highlighted constantly. A similar thing it's done is activate the Ctrl and/or alt key when pressing the space bar. Now, I've googled the hell out of this, and most of the "solutions" tell me to try pressing the keys down, as they're stuck, or unplugging the keyboard. When unplugging the keyboard, the problem persists. I've tried a different keyboard as well, and I thought I had the problem fixed, but it came back. I can't reproduce the issue at will either, it just happens. Sometimes when I'm playing a game, browsing the internet, or sometimes when I'm not even home.

Can anyone give me some ideas as to what I can try? I'm quite stumped at this point.

Other things I've checked:
Sticky keys are disabled.
Language settings are English (US).

#3 ·
My main keyboard is a Corsair K70, and the second keyboard I tried was a SteelSeries 6Gv2. The only other USB device I have connected is my Logitech G700s mouse, but I don't even have the wireless receiver in the computer.

I only had the on-screen keyboard enabled to see what inputs were being interpreted by the computer. I don't otherwise have it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.