Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Windows 10 upgrade From W7Pro

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  1391427 
#1 ·
I have been an Insider for some 7 months, testing various software and hardware with W10 Enterprise pre-release. So far, until I updated my PC to 10, I have seen very little in the way of problems.. sure, a few niggles, and annoyances, and the odd "not Compatible".. However, after updating the PC from W7 Pro to W10, not only did I find many annoyances, but also a major problem which there appears to be no obvious answer for.

After the system has been running for a period.... first time it occurred was after about 6 hours, second time maybe only 4, and this time maybe only 1-1/2 to 2..... Suddenly input is very slow to respond, whether from a mouse, or the keyboard. As I ws typing this it slowed to a crawl. The strange thing is it is fine in Notepad, but not in most apps.. I just timed closing Yahoo Messenger and Outlook... delay when clicking with the mouse on the "X" and then total of 6 seconds to actual shutdown. However, here in Notepad is fine so I am continuing this here.

I posted a query on MS Forum and received a standard... "Check Bios, Drivers, etc.. may be that the Chipset is out of date..." etc.

System is my own build, Gigabyte 800GM-USB3 rev3.1, AMD Phenom II 1090T, 8 gig Ram, with Gigabyte Radeon HD5450.
All has been fine in 7, but this update seems to be problemaatic with the very slow Keyboard/mouse input reaction, with no obvious background activity which I might expect to be the cause.

I reiterate, only seems to be when using apps.. is not there at start, but suddenly develops... and weirdly, not effecting Notepad or other system input.. such as starting Folder View, using Notepad(here) using W10 search.... very strange.

Does anyone have any suggestions..???

See less See more
#3 ·
Sorry, should have made it clearer.. I am a tech, and I did all I could.. including sfc..... very few drivers are available for W10, but was suggested I use W8 drivers.
My M/B is 2012 model, so not that old, but not uefi, and no W10 drivers listed. I have had all Bios updates, and installed W8 drivers for the m/b chipset, all before the problem reared its face. When I posted the original, could not type on a browser, had to use Wordpad and copy/paste. However, having reached an impass shortly after posting, the system refused to accept any input, so I shut down with a power off.. and after 2 very slow restarts, it now seems to be behaving (touches wood :wink:) This has been running now for about 6 hours without any glitch, so hopefully it solved itself... maybe no need to revert back to W7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.