Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Windows 10 Logon Loop/Factory Reset/BitLocker?

SOLVED 
3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  spunk.funk 
#1 ·
I have a Dell Venue 8 Pro that came with Windows 8.1 installed. I done went and upgraded to Windows 10, and now I can't get past the logon screen. I put in my password, it says Welcome, and then loops back to the logon screen. This happened to my laptop, but going in through Safe Mode seemed to have fixed that issue.

I can't get the tablet into Safe Mode, though, to complete the process. I'm guessing BitLocker was activated by default from the factory? I don't have the key to get past the BitLocker screen, so I can't really do anything.
I made a bootable Windows 10 flash drive to use with an OTG cable, but when it loads into the setup, all input seems to be negated so I can't even run through the setup process to repair startup. My bluetooth keyboard was used by a friend, so I can't re-pair it with the tablet since I can't get into Windows, and I can't exactly use a physical keyboard while also using the flash drive, and the touch doesn't work. The keyboard has a USB port, and I tried to chain them in order to use both, but it just makes device fritz out.

What are my options, here? I don't care if I lose everything on it, I just want it to be usable at this point.

See less See more
#3 ·
I know that I am suuuuper late in responding to this, but I wanted to say thank you and that the link really helped me in the long run. I have since managed to get into my tablet.

I got a powered USB hub so that I could run the Bootable USB drive and the keyboard at the same time. This allowed me to navigate the OS setup menus. The setup screen gave me a proper link to retrieve my BitLocker key, Thank God, and I got into Safe Mode easily from there. Getting into Safe Mode completed the install (from what I can deduce from two similar experiences) and my tablet is more or less good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.