Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Windows 10

961 views 15 replies 4 participants last post by  spunk.funk 
#1 ·
I've got official Windows 10 ISO.

Will Microsoft add me with a new license key?

#2 ·
you will get a generic key , if upgrading from W7,W8 or W8.1
you can also use the product key from one of those windows version and upgrade that windows

what are you trying to do with the ISO
the ISO is freely available from MS
its the Key that makes it genuine

#9 ·
Hi all ---

quick note here: yes, you can install Windows 10 in Russian if you'd like. I just installed Windows 10 in Russian for a client who wanted a nice present for their Russian speaking extended family. You can first upgrade to Windows 10 in English, since you have English on Windows 7. Then, when finished upgrading, you can change the language from English to Russian. You can, in fact, have many languages installed, and switch back and forth between them. Here's a guide from Microsoft about adding languages, and how to choose which one is the "default" display language:
Using multiple languages - Microsoft Windows Help

Cheers

#14 ·
quick note here ---

Since the November 2015 release of version 1511 of Windows 10, it is possible to install Windows 10 64 bit onto a computer that previously ran a 32 bit version, using the license for the earlier Windows 7/8/8.1. But it does have to be a "clean" install (you can't use the "upgrade" method... you download the iso file from Microsoft, create a bootable installation USB or DVD, and install using that.

If you had Windows 7 Home 32 bit, you'll install Windows 10 Home 64 bit. If you had Windows 7 Pro 32 bit, you'll install Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. The bit-depth difference keeps you from being able to use the "upgrade" method, but it doesn't take away your ability to install a nice, fresh, sparkling 64 bit version of Windows 10.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.