Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Win7-Win10 upgrade - install hangs at 99%

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Rich-M 
#1 ·
HP Laptop (2005 ish) had vista installed, I slapped win 7 pro 64 on it (forget if upgrade or fresh)
Then I tried win 10 on it.
- IT INSTALLED REALLY QUICK AND EASY-

So then I flattened the drive put win 7 back on and windows update caused me problems. Also the Blue tooth driver wouldnt work. hmmph

tried to win10 upgrade it again online.

2x attempts... hangs at 99% on the install portion. (left it going overnight)

Can't figure out whats the issue. Guess I'll try a fresh install from a iso or something.

This laptop is my 'tv server/storage' HP DV6 pavillion (1134)

1. I know it can work...:banghead:
2. I know it doesnt work....:banghead:

I know it must be me...:angry:

Stay tuned... I have caddies ssd's and 2 laptops and a desktop. hehe and a usb key from toshiba with a win 10 full factory reinstall ...for a toshiba not a HP...lol

might load a driver for my bong compiler. :4-powerup:

See less See more
#3 ·
10 is not buggy if you have the latest build 1511. There will be a even newer build on August 2nd that should solve any problems you are having. If you updated to Windows 10 and not a clean install and you're running out of space, check to see if you have a folder C:\Windows.old. This has all of your previous version of Windows files on it. You can remove the folder via Disk Cleanup.
Once a week Windows 10 will update a few files, mostly Windows Defender definitions.
a usb key from toshiba with a win 10 full factory reinstall ...for a toshiba not a HP...lol
This will probably not work as the Toshiba install disk has drivers specifically for a Toshiba Laptop.
Check your SSD and HDD's in your caddies using the manufacturers diagnostic tools.

#4 ·
If it was an upgrade then I'm not sure a free copy of 10 is part of the program. Got to go now so no time to research but want to concur with Spunk that Windows 10 isn't buggy.

#5 ·
Personally I think the upgrade is buggy, not Windows 10 necessarily. We all know they never worked right in the past so why assume the will now?
And I have to warn you using a Toshiba Windows anything key on an HP laptop is in violation of the eula and as a forum we cannot support such behavior anyway so lest keep this thread in legal areas or we will have to close it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.