Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Why is my Taskbar on New Win 10 PC not responding!

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  jenae 
#1 ·
I have been experiencing a strange reoccurring problem with my new 3 month old ASUS ROG Laptop (Intel quad core, Win 10 x64, Nvidia 960. 8GB Ram) The taskbar appears like normal (sometimes only a few icons appear) but I can not open anything! I click on the Start button, Volume, Wifi network, Battery meter & Clock & nothing happens. I can see the cursor select the button & I double click & nothing happens. I tried it with the mouse pad & still nothing. I can click on the program/app icons down there like Skype, Outlook, Firefox & calculator & they work fine. I can also right click on a blank/black area of the taskbar to open the options there. I've gone to task manager & tried to restart windows explorer but it just hung up for 10 mins & I had to reboot. (I used to do that with Win7 sometimes when desktop screen would become unresponsive). I originally thought it had something to do with me switching the display a lot between the built in display, my desktop monitor & my projection TV which I do almost daily. But yesterday it was only on my monitor all day. Last night I turn the laptop off completely. This morning I rebooted & all seemed fine except now I have that non-responsive taskbar again. I wanted to post this to you for help before I re-boot which tends to fix it. I've run Avast 2X & Malwarebytes 2X to make sure its not a bug. They found nothing. This Laptop is only a few months old & its supposed to be top of the line for gaming PC's so this problem is a bit unsettling. I appreciate your help on this!

See less See more
#3 ·
I did that by default. I booted up & was using Fire Fox & outlook that I lauched from the Taskbar for an hour or so. Then I had to open the wifi icon in the right corner of the taskbar. I couldn't get it to work. I'd seen this happen before. So I tried all the other icons in the right corner with no luck. I tried the start button on the left & nothing. I tried using Cortana & nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.