Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

when reverting from w10 to w7 there are effects

746 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Walter Mitty 
#1 ·
I have just discovered that when reverting from windows10 to windows7 effects happen in my case my network and ethernet drivers were effected also when clicking on wifi I had no connections I tried a wired connection and could still not get online, I phoned my server up and he told me that when reverting down bad things can happen . I was absolutely amazed the only way I can think how this is happening is by the senior operating system leaving something on the hard drive to sabotage a person reverting to a lower operating system. Is this allowed? Maybe someone knows different I would like to hear.:grin:

#2 ·
If you installed Windows 7, then you probably need to install drivers for your devices.
Go to Start/Search and type devmgmt.msc, Right click the devmgmt results and Run As Administrator. In the Elevated Device Manager, any devices with Yellow flags need to have drivers installed.
What is the Make and Model# of your computer/motherboard?
On an Internet computer, Go to the Manufacturers Support/Download Drivers site, type in your Make and Model# or your Service tag # choose your version of Windows 7 (ie) 32bit or 64bit.
And download the Chipset driver, install this first, then the Ethernet LAN and WiFi network drivers and any other drivers you need from the Device Manager.
Save them to a USB Flash drive and install them on the troubled computer.

#3 ·
I knew it was a driver problem unfortunately it is not always straight forward updating a driver and I was having problems and could not update there were yellow marks next to my ethernet and network drivers but they were not full yellow marks which indicated to me that they were partially installed. There should be no problems when reverting where do they come from?

#4 ·
What is the Make and Model# of your computer/motherboard?
On an Internet computer, Go to the Manufacturers Support/Download Drivers site, type in your Make and Model# or your Service tag # choose your version of Windows 7 (ie) 32bit or 64bit.
And download the Chipset driver, install this first, then the Ethernet LAN and WiFi network drivers and any other drivers you need from the Device Manager.
Save them to a USB Flash drive and install them on the troubled computer.
Drivers come from the computer manufacturer. Please tell us your Make and Model#. and Follow the instructions in the quote above.

#5 ·
Drivers are made for a particular operating system. You have Win7 running on a computer that used to have Win10. You don't have Win7 drivers for your current operating system. You might get them via windows update, if you had internet access, but you don't so you have to download and install them yourself, from the manufacturer.

If you post the make, model, of the computer, the O/S (32 or 64 bit), people can show you which drivers you'll need. You'll need a computer with internet access, and a USB drive to hand carry the drivers from the computer you download them to, to the computer you are going to install them on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.