Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Videos from specific site not working on my network!?

820 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  jenae 
#1 ·
Alright, I'm having an incredibly strange issue with the website The Escapist. And it's been going on for the past month or so.

Simply put, when I'm at home on my own home network... None of the videos work. Instead of playing the video I've actually chosen to play, they play this ancient advert for the site itself featuring very old content creators that haven't even been on the site in years.

It doesn't matter what browser or device I attempt to watch them on, if I'm using my home network, the videos refuse to load.

I've narrowed the problem specifically to my home network as I just attempted to watch a video on a separate network and it worked just fine.

I have attempted to contact both the site's staff and the users on the user forums to try and remedy the issue, but I was flat-out ignored on both counts. I don't know if the problem is actually causing my posts and emails to not even work, or if they just have terrible customer support.

Does anybody know what the hell is happening?

Thanks!

See less See more
#3 ·
Clear the Internet Cache in your browsers.
Do you have an Ad Blocker on your browsers? Disable it for this site.
Make sure Adobe Flashplayer, Adobe Shockwave and Java are all updated
Add this site to your Trusted Site lists in your Firewall and Browser. https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc875811.aspx
Check the Setup of your Router and go to Port Forwarding or Filters and see if there are any filters that are blocking content. Add this site to the Trusted Sites of your Routers Firewall settings.
Contact the Hosting Service and talk to your support rep.

#4 ·
Hi, the fact you get videos, only old one's, is unique. Go to start search and type:- cmd right click on the returned cmd.exe and select "run as administrator" at the command prompt type:-

netsh interface ip delete arpcache (press enter) should receive an OK. Netsh cmd's take immediately, so try the site now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.