Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 10 Support

Video, audio, win 10 OH MY!

This is a discussion on Video, audio, win 10 OH MY! within the Windows 10 Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I'm starting this thread here because I suspect Win 10 is the culprit. New desktop ASUS M32CD, Intil i7-6700, 15GB,

Old 04-21-2017, 09:26 AM   #1
Registered Member

I'm starting this thread here because I suspect Win 10 is the culprit.

New desktop ASUS M32CD, Intil i7-6700, 15GB, 64, Win 10, ISP is Time Warner, Netgear N600 router, Motorola Surfboard 5B6141 modem, Defender and Malwarebtyes for anti virus/malware.

Video card is AMD Radeon R9 370 updated, scans show nothing, uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe Flash, and rebooted machine several times so far for troubleshooting.

All of a sudden yesterday, video in all browsers (Opera, Firefox, Chrome) stopped working. Nothing new was installed, nothing has been updated.

Today after further investigation I'm finding that most video does not work at all (MP4, AVI, anything on FB or YouTube) with the exception of videos I've taken with my phone which play fine on the computer (.3g2 files)

There is no sound either with the working videos or with MP3 files.

In addition, one game (Planet Coaster) seems to begin to load but then freezes at the intro. No other games have sound but seem to load and work fine.

When I attempt to run a video or MP3 it doesn't even start. It looks like it's loading but then that stops as well.

This morning after a reboot, I was able to view a video just fine (unsure of sound), but then I tried another video which started fine then ran with the circle of dots rotating in the middle as if it wasn't loading well. The next try resulted in what I was seeing yesterday most videos aren't working.

Thanks in advance for the help!
soundecology is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2017, 11:58 AM   #2
Registered Member

Solved! Don't know how or why the audio driver would affect video playback, but it apparently does. Once the audio driver was updated, viola!, all is well. Games work fine, video plays, audio files working.
soundecology is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 12:59 PM   #3
Moderator, Editor, Articles Team

My System

Great news! Thanks for letting us know.

Submit New Articles Here Help us by posting your System Specs

Save the Earth........ It's the only planet with Chocolate!!
Deejay100six is offline   Reply With Quote