Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

(urgent) Windows Is Not Loading

734 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  OldGrayGary 
#1 ·
I turn on the computer and then i get the screen that says preparing with a loading circle, and then I get to this blue screen with several options:

Continue, use a device, troubleshoot, and turn off my PC.

I've tried all of these, including every option in the troubleshoot advanced options section.

When I restore from a backup it fails.

When I try to boot from a flashdrive it doesnt work.

When I try and restart my computer with factory settings it doesnt work, it just stays at 1% for hours.

I have no idea what to do, please help me.:sad:

#2 · (Edited)
It sounds like your HDD has failed and it needs to be replaced.
Since you have tried to reset to Factory, you have overwritten any data to try and recover.
To test this theory You can download the ISO image for Seatools burn the image to CD using IMGBurn or Burn it to USB Flash with SeaFlash all available in my signature. To boot off of a USB Flash drive put it in, restart the computer and boot into Setup (Bios) go to the Boot Tab. Your Flash drive should be under Hard Drive Group or just USB Device. Move this to first boot device. Save and Exit. Or you can press F12 at bootup to do a one time change of boot order. You should see the message Press Any Key to Boot Rom USB. If not, you did not create the Flash drive correctly or it is not First Boot Device.
Run the Short and Long Diagnostic tests. If either test fails, the HDD needs to be replaced.
Replace the HDD and reinstall Windows.

#3 ·
Hi all

hermetic ... the weekend has arrived: has your computer situation improved yet?

If you were able to get the diagnostics to run (that spunk.funk recommended), and if anything failed: check to see if your warranty for the computer is still in effect. If you aren't sure, most vendors have a customer service phone line & can help you find out the status of your warranty. Most hardware failures that aren't due to liquid spills or physical "collisions" are covered.

If you are within one year of purchasing the computer, you are most likely under warranty. You have the option to just ship it in for warranty service (or take it to the closest warranty repair shop, if one happens to be in your area).

Good luck

[... P.S. ..... and, if you happen to be struggling to get the computer to boot from a USB drive, see what happens with a bootable CD or DVD. Something like "Knoppix Linux" might do. Or you could try creating a diagnostics CD, such as the "ultimate boot cd" ... for the older CD/DVDs, you might need to turn off "Secure Boot" and enable "Legacy" BIOS boot in your system's BIOS/UEFI settings (likely necessary if your computer is less than two years old).... ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.