Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Resolution Issue after Moving to Win 10

SOLVED 
777 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  godlesswonder 
#1 ·
Hello. I've an odd situation I can't seem to figure out. It's an annoyance more than a serious problem, but still... I'm not certain if the move to Win 10 was the explicit cause, but that is when it happened - so I post here.

I run three displays off of my AMD Radeon HD 7970 - a SyncMaster (2053BW - 20"), a Dell (E2414H - 24") and a LG (TV - 42").

I use the 'extend my display' option and have all three acting as a single horizontal display. I would (until recently) drag my apps, browser, etc. from either of the displays to the TV without issue - the resolutions were nearly identical (that is, I didn't really have to adjust the size of anything when I dragged between them).

Yesterday, I finally updated my system to Win 10 from Win 7 Pro. This required I update my drivers and such from AMD, so I got the most recent version for Win 10.

Now, the TV's display resolution appears huge. When I drag anything from either of the other two displays to the TV, it is some four times as large. It's a pain to try and fit it in enough to even be able to grab a corner, drag to resize, move it again, drag to resize - I have to do this 2-3 times just so it fits within the display. Pain in the butt.

But here's the thing - the resolution in my AMD panel shows the TV res being identical to what (one of) the monitors is; 1920x1080. It is the maximum (and recommended) setting available. I have no clue what has happened, or what to do to correct it at this point.

Any ideas what has happened? Thanks!

Intel i7 2.93 GHz (4 core)
P55-GD80 (MS-7581) 1.0
8 gigs G Skill (4x2GB, DDR3-2000)
AMD Radeon HD 7970

See less See more
#6 ·
Sorry for the delay, and thanks for the response, but it was a fresh install (of everything) so going through a re installation process didn't seem in order.

It turns out, as I learned from the AMD forum, that it was a simple setting in Win 10 that I didn't know existed - the option to "Change the size of text, apps and other items" which in actuality increases/decreases the entirety of what's displayed. Move the slider to the right, problem solved. :smile:

#5 ·
check either the monitor settings or card properties, it looks like one of them has scaling enabled. This can be set for either GPU or monitor, if you have one set to scale and the others for no scale, it can produce results similar to that.

enable scaling ONLY on the monitors/tv -OR- the GPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.