Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reinstalled windows 10 from usb and got stuck secure Boot - Enable or Disable in UEFI

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  dalibella 
#1 ·
Hello,
My Dell computer did not boot anymore. Nothing seemed to work, so I went to a friend and copied the emergency disk on a USB drive. The drive seems to work as it installs windows 10, but if I leave it in when it finished installing, it will do it again. I tried taking it out, and the black screen showed a blue window with little balls circling and the words getting ready. Well, I waited quite a while and nothing happened.
So, I started searching the web (I also have a Mac computer) and people seemed to say that I should change the booting bios and disable secure boot. I went into the bios, or so I think, but clicking on f12 at restart. I went to boot but I saw no secure boot in the choices.
I am at a loss here. I haven't used my dell since February, as that is when I had the problem. Then life happened and I did not get back to it till now.
I would appreciate some help if at all possible.
Thanks
Dalila

#2 · (Edited)
Once you install Windows from a Window USB Installer, you should remove the USB Flash drive on First Bootup and it will start to load Windows from the HDD.
If not, restart the computer and press F2 to enter Setup (Bios) Here go to Boot Priority. Move the HDD up to First Boot Device. Also go to the Security tab, if Secure Boot is Enabled, using your Enter and Arrow key, Disable it or change it to Setup Mode.
If this doesn't boot the computer, then the install is corrupted. Try using the Microsoft tool for Windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.