Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nero 8 Install

SOLVED 
18K views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  rowdyyates 
#1 ·
I am having issues installing my disc burner software. It get to a specific place then it simply stops responding. I disabled the UEFI Adapti CD-ROM to force it to us Legacy. No difference. I'm stumped. Any suggestions?

:confused:

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
There is something else happening here in tandem with this and I don't know if it's related or not. All my automatic updates are failing to install. I'll have to do some checking. Thanks!

#6 ·
Hello
On the tab that you see troubleshoot compatibility, there will be properties at the bottom, left click on that. left click, compatibility tab, check run this program in compatibility mode for, click the arrow on the right to select Windows xp(service pack 3) check run as administrator, click apply, close, Right click on the installer, run as administrator

#7 ·
I ran it this way and it didn't do much, so I ran the compatibility troubleshooter. It says, "not compatible." 8 is a bit old. I don't know what version they're at now. I'll have to check. Nero always did a good job for me.

Thanks for the help! :smile:

#9 ·
On my first clean Windows 10 install back in December, Nero 7 installed. Something must have changed as a result of my restore operation. I had not tried 8 until yesterday when I could not get 7 to cooperate.

I am wondering if it could be something in my BIOS settings? I'll have to look.

#11 ·
Nero is bloated paid for program suite. If you must have it, then install the latest version 2017 Nero 2017 Platinum - Award-winning all-rounder
Personally, if all you want to do is burn CD's and DVD's then use the free CDBurnerXP. Small foot print, does most of what Nero does, and did I mention it is free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.