Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most used section of the Win 10 start menu does not update

1K views 13 replies 3 participants last post by  r_a_green 
#1 ·
My PC was upgraded from Win 8.1 to Win 10 and, as far as I know, all updates have been installed successfully.

My issue is with the –most used- section of the win 10 start menu. It does not update most used files as intended.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Rich

#3 ·
No, there is a partial list but it doesn't update to the programs I use most. I tried the fix you suggested. Some corrupted files were found and corrected; some others were not. My problem was not resolved and I still have the same issue.

Thanks for trying. I appreciate it. Any other suggestions?

Rich

#6 ·
It said that some were fixed but not all. It seems that everything else in the start menu functions correctly, including the recently added, but the most used section remains the same even though most of the programs listed there are not being used. At one point, I deleted a couple of them just to see if they would be replaced, but they were not.

I see another member has suggested running SFCFix.exe, do you concur?

Thanks in advance,

Rich

#12 ·
This looks like a 2010 solution for a similar Windows 7 problem. Unfortunately, I can't get through the first 2 steps:

1. Right click on the Start Button
2. Click Properties

Right clicking on the Start Button doesn't return a Properties option.

After reading through the rest of the above solution, it does seem that this could be the issue; now all I need is a process to complete this. I haven't been able to find any way to reach properties, but maybe I've overlooked something?

Thanks again for the ongoing assistance. I'd really like to resolve this.

Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.