Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gmail profile picture won't change ?

79K views 73 replies 5 participants last post by  oscer1 
#1 ·
I changed my gmail profile picture it change everywhere it won't change here the G you see when your going to log in what is the fix to make the photo I pick to come in ?

Attachments

See less See more
#7 · (Edited)
joeten;I apologize I can't delete the Gmail Profile Picture can you please give me the steps I tryed this did not change

To remove your Google Profile picture, go to Google+, pick Photos from the dropdown menu in the upper left. Click Albums, and go to your Profile Photos album. Delete the contents.

If you are referring to a photo you actually set up inside Gmail, then go to Settings >> General >> My Picture, choose Change Picture and pick No Picture.

Neither of these changes will take place instantly in every place they are visible, so please have a little patience.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...bseg-P6Cov8YvC4fQ&sig2=ZakaSKs2JcOn_rZEyjBORA

#8 ·
I have tried to get you to post info previously and most times you only answer what suits you, this is most frustrating for helpers so the point of my post was to get your attention and some further info.
I will look at this when not in work and see if you may have missed a step and if the changes are meant to be immediate.

#9 · (Edited)
joeten; ok also I tryed to add a picture to my Gmail profile picture it never applys can you see if it takes a number of hours of days ?

Change your picture

1. Open Gmail.
  2. In the top right, click Settings
  3. Click Settings.
  4. In the "My Picture" section, click Change picture.
  5. Select or upload a new picture.
  6. Select the portion of the photo you want to show.
  7. Click Apply changes.

#10 ·
Did you check you have this set correctly.

Change your picture's visibility

Using a browser, open Gmail.
In the top right, click Settings Settings.
Click Settings.
In the "My Picture" section, select a visibility option.

Visible to everyone: Anyone who you email, or who emails you, can see your picture.

Visible only to people I can chat with: Only people you've given permission to chat with you or see when you're online can see your picture.

#11 ·
Did you check you have this set correctly.

Change your picture's visibility

Using a browser, open Gmail.
In the top right, click Settings Settings.
Click Settings.
In the "My Picture" section, select a visibility option.

Visible to everyone: Anyone who you email, or who emails you, can see your picture.

Visible only to people I can chat with: Only people you've given permission to chat with you or see when you're online can see your picture.

#15 ·
The browser cache and cookies and 24 hours is an estimate for it all to get applied.
Also if you asked there you should not be posting on other forums it is very disrespectful to those on that forum who might try to assist you, and you could end up with conflicting advice, so stick with the gmail specific forum for gmail issues.

#17 ·
Look if your answers are anything like those you post here, I 'am not surprised they have not been quick to come back to you, no matter what your told on how to post or how to behave correctly you keep going your own way, and as I pointed out already this annoys folk, since the very thing your complaining about on the other forum is exactly what you do
so we seldom get a straight answer, reciting your issue is not answer since we already know that part, and other places may not be as forgiving as the team members and members at TSF have been. The quickest route to resolving your issue is to contact Gmail There is a contact us link on the help pages How to Get Help from Gmail Support

#19 ·
It's not the technical thing I 'am talking about, it's things like multiple posting and cross posting on forums along with only answering questions in part and sometimes not at all, you really must try to work with us IE if we ask a question it is not to make things difficult it because your answer may confirm or refute a idea on a fix, please don't take this as some sort of beat down, it's about trying to get you on to the same wavelenght as those trying to assist you. These things prolong things which might just be a simple matter but with little to no real feed back we cannot proceed, as we don't have the info to help guide things. now if you have tried all the Gmail help pages on the subject and it is still not working then you go to the source for a helping hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.