Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Constant Internet issues

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  nerv11 
#1 ·
So just recently, in my apartment, a new google "chromcast-like" lifestick was installed. It's for the internet. It connects to the TV via hdmi, also connected to a power outlet where the ethernet cable connects to it. It was a little troublesome to setup but it works..

Oddly, every once in a bit (1-4 times a day) the internet will show up as having no connection, either on one of my wifi devices, or more. The others will work. The internet hdmi tv still works though.

I've screencapped a few relevant areas. I'm really not sure what could be causing this, any help would be great. Thanks.
https://1drv.ms/f/s!AiXp_CkOMwS-0koD9NbtKDGtFqLO
Sorry that it's a onedrive link, but hotlinking images seems to be an issue.

#2 ·
Interesting device - the only one I've heard mention of like that is the one by LeoNet, which came out in Japan in July. It is said to be something like the Amazon Fire TV stick.

Did you have to alter the settings in the gateway/router/modem device that brings the Internet to you? (when you were setting up the lifestick)

I'm not entirely clear on the exact placement of the connections you mention ("It connects to the TV via hdmi, also connected to a power outlet where the ethernet cable connects to it") ... The HDMI connection is clear, that the power cord is plugged into a wall socket is clear ... but for the ethernet cable = are you referring to a Powerline ethernet device plugging in to the same outlet? (seems like that would be a bit crowded... at least without a surge protector).

There is a setting that controls how often a device attached wirelessly to a gateway/router/modem has to "renew its lease" for it's IP address (that of course provides the connection). If that period is a bit short, or if it's renewal isn't working ... that could lead to disconnects. You can check on those settings in the guide for your gateway/router/modem.

Other than that, I can't think of much other than perhaps some extra interference has been introduced somewhere.

#3 ·
It is the one from LeoNet! I didn't mention it because I figured nobody would know lol

So the connection is:

Power brick (two outputs)
OP1: micro USB to HDMI dongle that connect to TV.
OP2: Ethernet cable that connects to Ethernet port in the wall.

I set the thing up as per instructions. There seems to be a daily "timeout", in which it causes me to have to switch the TV input (I use it as a secondary monitor) to the HDMI dongle and put the Leonet/Lifestick password in. This usually solves the problem...

Sometimes it doesn't or isn't the issue.

So yeah, I'm stuck and don't know what to do. Guessing I should call LeoNet and have them take a look at it, but I probably won't get it duplicate while he's here as it happens sporadically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.