Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (AARDC) Trouble...Please Help

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Corday 
#1 ·
(I don't know if this has to do w/ having Windows 10 or not, but) I have AARDC. When certain email attachments are sent to me, I can open them if they're pdf's, but I guess if they're a .doc, it doesn't open. What do I need to do to view those docs too? (Please be detailed, I'm not that tech savvy.) Thanks!

The message says:

AARDC could not open '___.doc' because it's either not a supported file type or the file has been damaged (for example, sent as an email attachment & wasn't correctly decoded).

#6 ·
Hopefully you have solved your problem already.

But if you haven't: in your email program, download the attachment to your computer. Then right-click the downloaded file, and select "Open With" - and choose Open Office Writer from the list. Note: you will need to have already run the Open Office installer file that you downloaded earlier to see Writer as a choice.

If for whatever reason Open Office doesn't work, "Libre Office" is an up-to-date open source (free) office alternative. It runs on Windows and Linux computers. https://www.libreoffice.org/

And if you don't see the Open With option when right clicking on the file, try Shift and right-click at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.