Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Windows 8.1 lock screen doesn't show up anymore

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  spunk.funk 
#1 ·
When Windows 8.1 starts up it would go to lock screen and then I would click the screen to get to the login page. There I would click my account and get to my desktop. I don't know what settings I changed but now I don't see the lock screen on startup and I get logged in automatically. I would like to revert back to the way it used to startup but I can't find how to do it.

#2 ·
Go to Start/Search and type netplwiz and press enter. Put a check in the box User must enter a user name and password to use this computer. Highlight your User Name and click Apply. Type in your password. Restart the computer.

#5 ·
Yes this is normal to change your account settings, goto control panel select user accounts make sure yours is set to administrator.

next Click or touch “Settings”
Click “Change PC settings”
Click “Accounts” from the left-hand menu.
Click “Sign-in options”
Under the “Password” section, click “Add” or “Change”

#7 ·
thanks for the replies but I don't want to change my password. I just want my laptop to start like it used to. I want it to go to the lock screen first and then to click on my account. that's how it used to start up until a week ago. It's not a big problem but it's annoying not knowing how it changed.

#8 ·
Go to Start/Search and type netplwiz and press enter. Put a check in the box User must enter a user name and password to use this computer. Highlight your User Name and click Apply. Type in your password. Restart the computer.
You have to put a check in the box for must enter user name... Then it will be able to be selected and the Reset Password will be box will light up. .Once you highlight your user name, you then can click Apply and it will ask for your Password.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.