Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 8 Support

Windows 7 computer cannot connect to my Windows 8 network

This is a discussion on Windows 7 computer cannot connect to my Windows 8 network within the Windows 8 Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I switched my desktop computer to Windows 8 (upgrade from Windows 7 Pro); the upgrade ran well. However, now my

Old 01-20-2013, 03:07 PM   #1
Registered Member

Send a message via Skype™ to corke

I switched my desktop computer to Windows 8 (upgrade from Windows 7 Pro); the upgrade ran well.
However, now my Laptop, which is a Lenovo Windows 7 ultimate machine, can no longer connect to the Windows 8 machine network (although the Windows 8 machine can see the laptop and communicate with it on the network).
I cannot upgrade the Laptop to Windows 8 yet because I have certain software running on it that is not yet supported by Windows 8.

Old 01-20-2013, 03:29 PM   #2
- Microsoft Support

Do you mean you can't connect to the windows 8 machine? Usually this is because the computers don't have the same userid and password. When you try to connect what happens?

From time to time, we have been tempted to believe that society has become too complex to be managed by self-rule, that government by an elite group is superior to government for, by, and of the people. But if no one among us is capable of governing himself, then who among us has the capacity to govern someone else?
-Ronald Reagan, 1981 Inaugural Address-
djaburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:41 PM   #3
Registered Member

Send a message via Skype™ to corke

Quote:
Originally Posted by djaburg View Post
Do you mean you can't connect to the windows 8 machine? Usually this is because the computers don't have the same userid and password. When you try to connect what happens?
You are probably correct; I had to change my password on the Windows 8 machine.
I can't find the place on the Windows 7 machine in which to change my login defaults to the network.