Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Upgrade to Windows 10??

1K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  spunk.funk 
#1 ·
My Asus laptop with Windows 8.1 has been working great. My husband said the free upgrade to Windows 10 will no longer be free after July. My theory is - if ain't broke, don't fix it. My husband has Windows 10 on his Dell, but it came with the laptop - not an upgrade. I am wondering if you tech guys have any tips or tricks that would make sure an upgrade to Windows 10 would work OK on my system, and run as well as 8.1 has? Scared to Do It!! If you require a listing of what is on my laptop (graphics card, audio, etc) I would happy to supply it.

Thanks!!

#3 ·
CUTE!!! Still scared!!! I'm not a computer genius, but I'm also not a novice. I'd like to think I could do the upgrade (stable user) but I've heard so many horror stories in the past about "upgrading" a OS instead on installing a new full version.

#10 ·
If using Speccy, to share your specs, in Speccy, go to File/Publish Snapshot. Copy the link and paste it in your next post.
But there is no need for that now, as Corday said, you have plenty of horse power and can easily Upgrade to 10 with no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.