Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sound Problem

2K views 19 replies 3 participants last post by  barkerb23 
#1 ·
I have a Toshiba Satellite, and the sound isn't loud enough. It never even approaches "capping" or "clipping" (the green bar maxing out.) The individual program meters look fine, but the main out for the computer is limited somehow. I have to turn my fairly large computer speakers all the way up to make movies audible. I went into speaker options and made sure the sound was 100%. Loudness Equalization has no effect as it only applies dynamic compression rather than increasing the volume. I looked for third party software that may have been installed with it and only found DTS audio which is disabled.

Any ideas as to why it's being limited?

#3 ·
Thank you for the reply. It's a laptop. I tried updating the drivers before with no results. I recently sent it in for repairs and was having the same problem before, but now that the motherboard has been replaced and drive has been wiped I'm still getting the problem.

I'm going to try updating them again, but I don't think it will be different than last time.

#16 ·
The issue was never brought up with Toshiba. It went in for a motherboard replacement.

So I uninstalled all the sound related programs (Toshiba Audio Enhancement) and got a slight boost. I then discovered that when I open up "Speaker Properties" and select "Room Enhancement" everything is loud and clear. However, if I go through the setup wizard that comes up when I open Room Enhancement, it brings back the loudness problem.

So far, I can just open the wizard but not go through it and leave it up, and everything is fine, but I would prefer to be able to have quality sound without having to do that.

#18 ·
Hello PapaSmurf1502
I too, have a toshiba satelite. Mine is a C55-a5105
The sound on mine is very low also. It's best to get a set of external speakers, or contact Toshiba if you continue to encounter the issue with sound.

I use Windows Media Player for my videos. I use the graphic equalizer and turn most of the knobs up to the highest, and the sound is great, and 2x louder than it normally is. I would suggest going through your audio settings and finding the equalizer and modifying it to your personal recommendations.

I hope you can get this figured out.
You have uninstalled the driver and reinstalled it?

when I stream netflix, or youtube, even spotify, the sound is loud enough to hear every word, and enjoy the music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.