Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Overall issues.

3K views 41 replies 4 participants last post by  Masterchiefxx17 
#1 ·
Hello. i have been having lots of issues with a slew of programs. the bvery first wasgoogle chrome. it wouldnt open after 3~4 reboots. so i reinstalled it, same story. so then i tried right clicking and running as admin. it works thats how ive been using my computer for a long time now. But then it happened to bittorrent. i cant even reinstall it so no bittorrent client. (ive tried all of them)
then the same thing happened to uplay. so i have to reinstall it every time i want to play a game. and now its happened to minecraft which is stupid. i need a fix for this. ive tried reinstalling windows and ive even tried windows 7. please help.
Operating System
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
CPU
Intel Pentium G3420 @ 3.20GHz 51 °C
Haswell 22nm Technology
RAM
4.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz (11-11-11-28)
Motherboard
ECS H81H3-M4 (SOCKET 0) 28 °C
Graphics
VX2025wm (1680x1050@59Hz)
AL1916W (1440x900@60Hz)
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti (EVGA) 29 °C
Storage
931GB Seagate ST1000DX001-1NS162 (SATA) 31 °C
111GB SPCC Solid State Disk (SSD) 30 °C
232GB Hitachi HTS545025B9A300 (SATA) 27 °C
29GB Kingston DataTraveler G3 USB Device (USB)
Optical Drives
No optical disk drives detected
Audio
Logitech Mic (Communicate STX)
ive scanned all my drives btw

See less See more
#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
i thought about that. i didnt download them from bittorrent. when i bought the windows key the person sent me an iso file and i used that. and id say maybe a few months ago? ive just not wanted to fix it until minecraft stopped working

one thing though. it says test mode in the bottom corner but i cant disable it. ive tried doing bcdedit commands and everything.

oh yah and another thing that doesnt work is geforce experience. just fyi

#14 ·
Are you dual booting different OS's? you didn't mention that. What is the second OS you are booting to? Are they on separate HDD's or are they on the same HDD? When you reinstalled, did you wipe both OS partitions before installing?
If you have formatted a HDD and installed Windows OS fresh, it would be impossible for it to be in Test Mode.

#15 ·
ok so originally i had a triple boot with win 8.l1 pro win 7 and win 10. but i deleted the win 10 and win 7 to try to eliminate problms but it didnt. so then i reformatted anopther hdd and installed win 8.1 pro. so i am dual botting my old win 8.1 because idont want to lose it. but i had the same issues with the new one. and yes they are on different hdd. if you look at my speccy youll see i have 4 drives. i unplugged two to try to eliminate more problems so now i have two. the 128 ssd and the 1tb sshd

#17 ·
Concentrate on one drive at a time. Start with just your SSD plugged in, no other HDD's. Do a fresh install of Windows. It should not be in Test Mode. If that is successful, move to the next HDD, again, a fresh install of Windows should not be in Test Mode. If you want to save files from a HDD, once you have your OS installed on a drive, move your personal files from the problematic HDD to the good one. Then if you want to install an OS wipe that drive and do clean install of Windows, move the files back if that is what you want.

#20 ·
But thats the thing. The new os that i installed is completely fresh and not in test mode yet chrome and geforce experience etc. Still dont work.its on the ssd that was completely wiped wiped and yes ive removed the other hdd during the install.i really dont know what could be causing this. But chrome at least gives me an error message. It says unexpected error. Nothing else but the other programs dont even open.

#25 ·
Ok so here is what i did. I downloaded win 8.1 install media creator and put it on a flash drive. I unplugged everything and plugged in only one ssd. Then i wiped iit and installed windows. It gave me irql not less or equal. So i know its from my gpu. I can use it with integrated graphics (intel hd graphics) but no gpu. Which is quite important. Please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.