Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Large amount of games crashing for no apparent reason

2K views 12 replies 3 participants last post by  Masterchiefxx17 
#1 ·
A large amount of my games have been crashing recently. They all crash at different times- some when I enter a certain area of the map, some when the character is loaded into the map, and some on startup or loading. All these crashes started happening around the same time. I have updated all the drivers on my pc that might be needed, ran multiple virus scans, uninstalled the games, cleared the game's registries, and reinstalled them. Buggy games come from Steam, Origin, and even a few pirated games are broken. There is barely any correlation between the games. Games that I know are crashing:

Slender- The Arrival: On loading
Just Cause 2: On map load
Sir, You are being Hunted: Loading
Depth: Menu, randomly
Crysis 3: Entering a certain area in the 4th mission
Besiege: Random during gameplay

I can attach any system diagnostic file if needed. Thanks!

#5 ·
If your GPU is anywhere near 70C at idle, then it's too hot and will get hot enough to cause a crash when you put any load on it.

As well as monitoring the full range of sytem temperatures and voltages, what is the graphics card temp with no other programs running and with a fullscreen game running? We need to compare the idle and stressed readings.

What happens when your games crash? Do they close down and go back to the desktop or do they freeze and become unresponsive? Any graphics artifacts like flickering lines or random characters on the screen? Any error messages?

Have you tried increasing the fan speed in MSI Afterburner? Is the fan set to manual or automatic?

#7 ·
In Afterburner, I keep the fan set to automatic and it generally seems to work pretty well. All of the games that crash turn black, some flicker a few times, then just close and go back to my desktop. I believe Crysis 3 is the only one that froze.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.