Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Itunes wont open

3K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  homeofthejack 
#1 ·
So recently iTunes wont open. It shows running in task manager but does not load up. Every so often it opens but not often so it does work just not properly. I have been on google and everything seems to link you to a iTunes page and follow what it says and doesn't work. Part the problem it tells me to go to folders I don't even have on my computer. It is really starting to get on my nerves now. I have uninstalled it and refreshed laptop and followed all instructions I could find online and still no joy.

#2 ·
1) Hold down SHIFT+CTRL while double-clicking on the iTunes shortcut. This will start iTunes in "safe mode"(When the safe mode notification dialog box appears, click "Continue")
2) Choose "Edit --> Preferences..." from the menu bar, and then click on the "Store" icon at the top of the dialog box
3) Uncheck the three check boxes labeled "Show iTunes in the Cloud purchases", "Sync playback information across devices", and "Sync podcast subscriptions and settings". (On my computer, every checkbox on the "Store" page is unchecked at this point.)
4) Click the OK button to close the preferences dialog box, then close iTunes
5) Open iTunes normally

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.