Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Favorites Folder Not Correct

SOLVED 
1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  spunk.funk 
#1 ·
I am using Windows 8.1 on an Asus laptop. I was doing a backup of some folders to an external hard drive. I wanted to make sure I had copy of my FAVORITES since I have so many.

When I clicked on the Favorites Folder and opened it, it does NOT reflect what I see when I actually go to Bookmarks on my Bookmarks Bar. In fact, the folder doesn't show the Bookmarks Bar either. Lots of bookmarks are missing. How can I have a huge list (that I use a lot) and not have the folder reflecting the correct info???

Thanks for you help!!

#2 ·
What browser are you using? Your favorite bookmarks from IE are called Favorites and saved in the Favorites Folder in your User file and can be accessed in IE under Favorites.
On Any other Browser, Chrome, Firefox etc they are called Bookmarks, and each Browser has a different way to back them up. How to backup and restore my Internet favorites or Bookmarks.

#3 ·
I am using Chrome and I clicked on the link you supplied and tried to follow it's directions. It said it could be done through Bookmarks Manager. I was supposed click on the "gear" in the upper right corner and it would give me a drop down where I could select EXPORT bookmarks.

I don't have a "gear" in my Bookmarks Manager. I get the option to IMPORT Bookmarks and Settings in a dropdown, but there is no option to EXPORT.

However, I kept playing around with it and if I clicked on ORGANIZE there was an option at the bottom to export the bookmarks to an HTML file. This worked. Thanks for sending me the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.