Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Can't connect to shared folders

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  spunk.funk 
#1 ·
I don't have a ton of knowledge when it comes to computers. But I am fairly competent. I came in to work this morning to find a message saying my computer needed to do a refresh. I clicked okay and now I'm missing a few things. Most importantly I cannot access my offices shared files. Honestly at this point if my computer had a face I'd punch it. I do recognize that this is a user error and the computers fault. But I am still so frustrated and have no idea what to do. PLEASE HELP ME.

#2 ·
my computer needed to do a refresh
You will have to give us more information.
First off is this a Laptop or a Desktop? Also, what do you mind by Refresh? Do you mean Re-Install of Windows? If so, then most of your shortcuts and Personalization no longer work.
Do you have an IT dept that can handle this for you?
If not, you will need to create your mapped network drives again. First, go to Start/Search and type the name of the share (ie) \\NetworkShare and press enter. That should get you into the share.
To make a shortcut to the share right click This PC and choose Map Network Drive. Choose the drive letter you want and in the Folder box, type the share name again (ie) \\NetworkShare, click the Finish button.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.