Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Built in Admin account naff

1K views 16 replies 4 participants last post by  Corday 
#1 ·
Hi all, I have an issue. I run Windows 8.1 Pro x64 on my laptop, and I use the built in admin account as my only account... I want to migrate this to a "normal" admin account so I can link it to my Microsoft Account, and be able to properly use apps. This way I can also sign in to my soon-to-be-arriving touchscreen laptop (Yay!:dance:) with that Microsoft account and have everything switch over.

Thanks

#5 ·
Although the link I'm providing is for a different OS and a problem separate from yours, if you go to Solution 2 and follow the link from there, you can accomplish what you want to do. You receive a "The User Profile Service failed the logon” error message
Thanks, i'll try it out and let you know. One more question, when I get the new "synced" account set up, and sign into it on my new laptop, will the other two accounts come with it, or since they are "local" accounts not synced with a Microsoft account, they will not be synced? I'm hoping its the latter

#15 ·
A lot of what you want could be added to the new account once created by making a copy to a portable media. For example, export then import address book, Email and favorites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.