Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Smart Devices > Other Mobile Devices & Operating Systems

How do people listen to music now?

This is a discussion on How do people listen to music now? within the Other Mobile Devices & Operating Systems forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. My son just made me aware of the fact that his ipod 7 (I think that is the one it

Old 10-11-2016, 09:22 PM   #1
Registered Member

My son just made me aware of the fact that his ipod 7 (I think that is the one it is) cannot fit into a ihome stereo box in the port because the input thing on the ipod is covered, seemingly with tape, but it's not tape. So this brings up these questions:

1. Can that tape thing be removed?
2. Are ipods unable to be docked now?
3. Are people even using ipods or mp3 players anymore?
4. When I see kids listening to music, is it usually off their phones?
5. If someone is using their phone for music, if it is an iphone, I get that they must be using itunes, but what if they have a non-iphone, like an android?
6. Is android like pc? Does it run on every manufacturers phone if the phone is not an iphone? Is there any other OS other than iphone (whatever) and android?

Lastly, how come I can never find my posts under my account info?

Thanks!
usingpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2016, 01:04 AM   #2
Registered Member

I do most of it on a PC using Windows Media Player.

I finally picked up a 'smart phone', something I swore I would never do. I got one free though, so I figured I'd give it a go. It has a player program on it that uses the same MP3 files I use on the PC. Just copied the files over and can use that now when I'm away from home.

It isn't even activated as a phone yet.
Confounded Also is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 06:45 PM   #3
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

Quote:
1. Can that tape thing be removed?
I'm not sure what this tape is. Could you post a picture of it?

Quote:
2. Are ipods unable to be docked now?
It depends on which iPod you are using. If you are using an iPod touch, the latest generation, then it can still be docked. It uses Apple's Lightening Connector.

Do note that the iPod is slowly fading away.

Quote:
3. Are people even using ipods or mp3 players anymore?
Since they are added into smartphones, not many need them. They are somewhat used for children who are not ready for a phone yet. Even then, most kids use a phone as they can communicate to parents on it.

Quote:
4. When I see kids listening to music, is it usually off their phones?
Chances are high it's a phone.

Quote:
5. If someone is using their phone for music, if it is an iphone, I get that they must be using itunes, but what if they have a non-iphone, like an android?
ITunes is only a tool that is used to sync local music to the iPhone. It is not the only way to listen to music on the iPhone.

For Android, users can move files to it locally through a Windows USB connection. Or they can use services like Google Music and Pandora.

Quote:
6. Is android like pc? Does it run on every manufacturers phone if the phone is not an iphone? Is there any other OS other than iphone (whatever) and android?
No. Android is a Google operating system that is ran on only selected phones. While that may be many, it is because it easily adapts to many systems.

For the most part iOS and Android own the market. Blackberry still has their mobile OS, Microsoft has Windows 10 Mobile, and then there are basic manufacturer operating systems for basic phones.

Quote:
Seems to work just fine for me.
Masterchiefxx17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 07:21 PM   #4
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterchiefxx17 View Post
I'm not sure what this tape is. Could you post a picture of it?

It depends on which iPod you are using. If you are using an iPod touch, the latest generation, then it can still be docked. It uses Apple's Lightening Connector.

Do note that the iPod is slowly fading away.

Since they are added into smartphones, not many need them. They are somewhat used for children who are not ready for a phone yet. Even then, most kids use a phone as they can communicate to parents on it.

Chances are high it's a phone.

ITunes is only a tool that is used to sync local music to the iPhone. It is not the only way to listen to music on the iPhone.

For Android, users can move files to it locally through a Windows USB connection. Or they can use services like Google Music and Pandora.

No. Android is a Google operating system that is ran on only selected phones. While that may be many, it is because it easily adapts to many systems.

For the most part iOS and Android own the market. Blackberry still has their mobile OS, Microsoft has Windows 10 Mobile, and then there are basic manufacturer operating systems for basic phones.

Seems to work just fine for me.
Thanks so much for your help!
usingpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 09:01 PM   #5
Moderator, Editor, Articles Team

My System

Quote:
Originally Posted by usingpc View Post
This has been an issue for some users lately. The site owners are working to resolve it.

Submit New Articles Here Help us by posting your System Specs

Save the Earth........ It's the only planet with Chocolate!!
Deejay100six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 08:09 AM   #6
Registered Member

I have an iPhone and so use the iTunes music library, but I'd also recommend using something like Spotify - this does, however, require a smartphone but I think that's the only way forward with music on-the-go.
Here's a list of free streaming apps for smartphones.

Best of luck!
anja1988 is offline   Reply With Quote