Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Smart Devices > Android OS

My Curtis LT7029 Android tablet is slow in loading

This is a discussion on My Curtis LT7029 Android tablet is slow in loading within the Android OS forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. My Curtis LT7029 Android tablet is slow in loading up desktop icon home and launcher icon. What can I do

Old 12-20-2011, 07:14 AM   #1
TSF Enthusiast

My Curtis LT7029 Android tablet is slow in loading up desktop icon home and
launcher icon.
What can I do to increase the speed of its loading ?
Many of the apps load by itself on startup in the background. I can't stop them from startup in background ? Since this affects the memory and how fast launcher icons and home page loads when you click to change one screen to another, and how long it takes to open an app. after click on it right?
I guess uninstalling apps. which I don't need to free up space helps too ?
Removing micro sd card from drive helps too ?
Any other tips in helping it load faster ?

Thanks.

Old 12-22-2011, 09:06 AM   #2
Moderator Offline

I would try the removing those things you do not ever need, first.

Removing the SD card?, I guess that depends what is on it.

BG

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Basementgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 09:12 AM   #3
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Send a message via ICQ to ebackhus Send a message via AIM to ebackhus Send a message via MSN to ebackhus Send a message via Yahoo to ebackhus Send a message via Skype™ to ebackhus

This is a low-end tablet that's actually on par with my cheap Android phone. Removing applications will help improve responsiveness, as will running task killing applications to shutdown software you're not using.

-----------------------------
There are no dumb questions, unless a customer is asking them.

Help in the fight against cancer and other serious illnesses.
ebackhus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 06:31 AM   #4
TSF Enthusiast

Task killing applications sometimes don't seem to work. Since it seems starts up
by itself even after you killed a task.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebackhus View Post
This is a low-end tablet that's actually on par with my cheap Android phone. Removing applications will help improve responsiveness, as will running task killing applications to shutdown software you're not using.
Old 12-24-2011, 08:16 AM   #5
TSF Team, Emeritus

There will be required applications that will automatically start back up if needed to run to ensure Android running properly.
Old 12-24-2011, 09:34 AM   #6
Registered Member

Grin

I would root, then try and overclock. Then with setCPU set up profiles like on demand and save battery. For best performance, i would set it at its top clocking speed then set its default action to "Performance" instead of "On demand". This will increase loading speeds and overall performance.

hope this helps, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Old 12-24-2011, 11:06 AM   #7
TSF Enthusiast

Any instructions how I would do this on my tablet ?
And will it work ?

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shotgun4 View Post
I would root, then try and overclock. Then with setCPU set up profiles like on demand and save battery. For best performance, i would set it at its top clocking speed then set its default action to "Performance" instead of "On demand". This will increase loading speeds and overall performance.

hope this helps, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!