Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

camcorder or phone?

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  SABL 
#1 ·
I am trying to figure out whether I should keep using my camcorder. Nobody else is using one, just their dumb phones. I wonder if this is laziness, the fact that they will never look at their home videos on a big screen or if cell phones have at last caught up with camcorders.

Yes, I know. You need the specs to tell me. But I'm wondering if I can get a ballpark idea. I am using an Android grand prime phone and my camcorder is an hd jvc from about 9-10 yrs ago. Which will give me better picture and sound? Also, I know with a phone you need a lot of memory for videos. I have just been using the sd card that came with it. I don't know what it's capacity is.

Hope someone can help.:confused:

#6 ·
Why carry two devices when one will do the trick?? I admit that I'm of no help in this matter......my Panasonic PV-53 is so old it's a VHS-C and hasn't been used for many years. I do not have a smartphone but if I wanted to take videos I would sure get one. I have a plain cell phone that I take with me when I leave the house......nothing special.

There are plenty of tutorials on how to transfer videos/pictures from Android devices to your computer. Other tutorials will explain how to play videos stored on your PC on a TV. Many more options are available than when I was much younger. My "video" was an 8mm camera good for ~4 minutes of film back in the 70's. In the 80's it was a bulky video cam that you hooked up to your VHS recorder.....kind of limited in range by the cables. 90's was a VHS-C that would give you complete mobility....that's where I stopped.....:laugh:

Enjoy the options you have today.....I didn't have them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.