Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

mobile hotspot can I choose a tower & channel?

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  MartyF81 
#1 ·
I've had a mobile hotspot connection at this location for ten years. The small company that I've had is closing in a few months. The new company that bought them out uses the same 2 towers. When the hotspot switches between towers and channels I have no connection, sometimes it can last for days. Can I choose a tower & channel that works with my device since I started with the new company? Is this a common thing a company can do for me?
My current company tech. support personal said he's never had to solve this kind of problem before he is waiting for the smaller company tech support to get back to him on how they got me internet for all those years.
I have one other company to got with but its twice the price.

#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi,
My Hotspot device keeps chooses between two towers. First one is #....420 which is about 10 miles away from my home. Second tower # ....403 which is about 18 miles away. The farther tower always says Network Error since day one. The company says it's to far for me to get service. It's been almost a month now I'm wait for them to lock my device on one tower, can this be done? I have tried doing all the updates and also turning the device off and on. [/FONT]What are my options, can they fix this? What are the correct questions to ask?

The first answer from the company said I live to far away from the tower.????
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.