Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Smart Devices > Apple iOS

ipod touch 4g first time sync problem

This is a discussion on ipod touch 4g first time sync problem within the Apple iOS forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I just bought an ipod touch 4g 32gb today and I'm having issues with the first time sync. I installed

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 03:56 PM   #1
Registered Member

I just bought an ipod touch 4g 32gb today and I'm having issues with the first time sync. I installed itunes, connected my ipod and waited and it didn't do anything so I ejected it from inside itunes but just as I clicked eject a bar popped up saying syncing to ipod. Now when i reconnect the ipod it shows up under the devices tab but won't try to sync again and the option is even grayed out under the file menu. The computer im using to sync the ipod doesn't have internet and I'm not sure if this is the reason for the problems or not as this is the first time i have owned an ipod, so i have never had to set one up. I'm concerned that i seriously messed up my ipod by ejecting it in the middle of syncing. Any help is really appreciated.

Old 05-31-2011, 11:43 PM   #2
dai
TSF Team, Emeritus

moved to gadget support

Old 06-01-2011, 10:37 PM   #3
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

hi,
here are instructions to set it up. i think you will need the internet though.
Setting up iPod touch

Mark thread solved under thread tools when issue has been resolved.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] iPod Touch not recognizing computers
For about a week now, my third gen. iPod Touch hasn't been reacting in any way when connected to a computer. I tried two different computers and it always appears as "unknown device" in the device manager. I tried after resetting the iPod, still no reaction from the iPod touch. I even tried both...
Veke Apple iOS 1 04-13-2011 10:49 AM
win7, vista refuse to boot
All was fine. So i shut the system down so i could replace the cpu heatsink. Go to start back up, and windows (7) is BSODing on me. Like a bad technician, i have restart enabled *sigh* so I go to boot menu, and select my vista drive. And it just sits at a black screen. So i'm logged in on...
magnethead Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 20 01-11-2011 12:58 AM
Random BSODs
Ok. I'll try to make it short. I've got my this computer in June/ July. Even since then I've been experiencing a lot of BSODs. (And I seriously mean it, a lot.) The BSOD always give out different error codes. Such as BAD POOL HEADER, IRQL LESS THAN OR EQUAL, SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION. I've...
yeapwei BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 5 01-04-2011 02:23 AM
WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124) win7 64
Hi everyone, im looking for assistance with this problem. It started about a month ago, only when gaming. The game froze and sound enter in a loop all the time, i need press reset in my computer. My HD´s are verified with Seatools, my memory and cpu are tested with Orthos (10 Passes)with no...
djwave BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 9 01-03-2011 11:27 AM
Persistent BSOD errors
Hi, My Acer aspire 8735G is repeatedly having BSOD errors. The OS is Windows 7 (x64), and was pre-installed I have only had the machine since June/July I have previously reset to factory settings, but used the function which automatically backed up all files and retained the OS. As for the...
FGZstar BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 2 01-02-2011 04:48 AM