Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Smart Devices > Apple iOS

How can I get rid of hotshot VPN conpletely?

This is a discussion on How can I get rid of hotshot VPN conpletely? within the Apple iOS forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. This is pretty stupid but I just got this iPad and was messing around to see if I could watch

Old 12-13-2011, 11:34 PM   #1
Registered Member

This is pretty stupid but I just got this iPad and was messing around to see if I could watch some of the stuff out of the states, came across this hotshot VPN so downloaded it. It didn't work, and has now screwed up my Canadian broadcasting apps. I deleted the VPN app but it's still in the settings menu and the icon is still showing, I can't get it to go away or even shut off.

Old 12-14-2011, 05:54 PM   #2
2xg
Team Manager, Networking Forums, Microsoft MVP

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

Welcome to TSF,

Did you follow this guide on 'How do I uninstall Hotspot Shield VPN?'
Hotspot Shield

Microsoft MVP 2011-2013 Windows Expert Consumer
Networking Articles & Tutorials
2xg is offline   Reply With Quote

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] Cisco IPSec VPN - Logged in with iPhone and now can't log in at all!
Hello! New member here. I appreciate all of your expertise in advance. I use the Cisco IPSec VPN to connect to my company's VPN. My work computer (A MacBook Pro) came set up with the VPN. I set up the VPN information on my iPhone and was able to connect to my work VPN. After a couple minutes...
GoNoles Networking Support 5 01-28-2012 08:55 AM
Windows 7 , PPTP VPN error 807 and 800
Dear Experts Please don't steer the topic from PPTP to IPsec and other types of VPN which is more secure than PPTP,,,,etc I have got this scenario windows 7 is acting as vpn client at home and windows XP is acting as vpn server at work. At home (LAN address is 192.168.10.x/24)And I...
zillah Networking Support 3 08-29-2011 09:25 AM
VPN Tunnel Recommendations
Hi All, I have 5 stores across Puerto Rico and I want to create a VPN Connection between each one. In 4 stores I only have Thin Clients that connect to our Central Office via Remote Desktop Connection. Users do everything on the Central Store which is where the servers are hosted. On each of the...
wilito92 Networking Support 0 07-29-2011 05:13 PM
Cisco vpn issues?
Ok so our company has a VPN set up on our workstation laptops for employees to be able to connect to the office network from home. We use CISCO VPN CLIENT, and a pre-setting .pcf file to upload our vpn into the client. The settings are correct completely to allow the VPN to work from home. All...
Screamo Networking Support 7 02-10-2011 05:36 AM