Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wifi Card settings, help.

1K views 12 replies 3 participants last post by  Steve40th 
#1 ·
How does this card connect at 300 or 450Mbs, Intel Centrino Ultimate 6300 N? It is a 3x3 antenna card. What router and settings does intel actual use to get this. I have a Cisco E3000 router which is a dual band very capable N router, yet I cant get the thing to show above 130Mbs via Windows. I want to be able to see 300, as my router does this and this card is advertised too, via Windows network sharing section. I run a Windows 7 Home premium, 64 bit and have latest drivers installed..
Someone has to know how to make this card work as advertised? Intel sure doesnt.

#3 ·
I am currently on assignment in Romania. I go to Open Network and Sharing where the wifi icon is at bottom of laptop. Then I go to Wireless Connection Status and it shows 300Mbs with the Tenda 303R N router provided here, which is behind the wall in another room. So, I took my router and plugged it in and it shows 130. Why would a Linksys Cisco show that, and a Tenda 303R here in Europe show different. My Linkysys is a pretty capable router.
I think there is a US program infused within the US routers to cap things in default settings or its the Wifi?

#5 ·
So your using readings that you had in the US then seeing what you get in Europe?

That is certainly not the case.
I have my router with me. I just did a test here using the router in the apartments and mine, both here in Romania. Mine says 130, theres says 300.
I guess my point isnt being translated well here..
Thanks for the help guys..

#10 ·
First of all, you will not get 450Mbps through the Cisco (supports only 20 and 40 MHz channels). The default setting for channel width is 20MHz which supports only 150Mbps bandwidth.

From within the embedded web server of the Cisco:
Wireless > Basic Wireless Settings > Wireless Configuration (Manual) >
Confirm Channel Width is set to Auto (20MHz or 40MHz)

#12 ·
#13 ·
Thanks. i am in a apartment complex in Craiova. There are about 30 other wifi signals here.. Inssider shows mine as the strongest. But, I didnt know my wifi card supports 60Mhz. I guess I need a N router that has that, or just upgrade to AC wifi and Wifi adapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.