Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Unable to connect to this network

858 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  RobG1988 
#1 ·
Hello there. Hope that this is the right forum to post this.

Since we got the new BT Smart Hub we have been having a intermittent issue with computers (and PS4, PS4 is connected via ethernet, eveything else wireless) connecting to the network. Most of the time everything works fine but sometimes when turning a computer on we will notice that we are not connected to the WiFi. If I try to connect windows 10 will say "Unable to connect to this network" (computers/phones/other devices that are already connected work fine and have no issues). No matter how many times I restart/forget network then try to reconnect it says the same thing. The ONLY way I have found to fix this is by turning the router off and then back on again.

I have tried to reset the router back to factory settings, change the network name and even contacted BT who "reset our connection for better stability and speed" and nothing has helped. Sometimes, devices still won't connect to the network.

As I said, each time I do just turn the router off and on again to fix this issue but it's a bit annoying to disturb everyone else who is using the Internet so I can connect the laptop/ps4.

I have the New BT Smart Hub and have BT fibre.

Any ideas please?

Thanks for your time.

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.