Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Networking Support

Trouble connecting Amped Wireless Smart Repeater to Linksys WRT120N network

This is a discussion on Trouble connecting Amped Wireless Smart Repeater to Linksys WRT120N network within the Networking Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have a Linksys WRT120N router, and I want to boost my network (so it will reach the back bedrooms

Old 07-10-2012, 09:32 PM   #1
Registered Member

I have a Linksys WRT120N router, and I want to boost my network (so it will reach the back bedrooms of my apartment) with an Amped Wireless Smart Repeater. The repeater's online setup always fails at the very end because it says it can't connect to my router. I tried setting it up right next to my router, so it can't be a proximity problem. And I'm definitely not messing up my password for my router. I've also put my router onto channel 7, which was recommended to make sure the two signals aren't interfering with one another.

Any ideas? Is my router blocking the repeater somehow?

Also, in the process of trying to fix this, my internet access actually got worse. My internet keeps cutting out, and other times it's very slow. I just wanted to extend my network, and I ended up with something much worse than what I started with. I've tried reactivating my router and returning it to factory defaults, but nothing will do it. Please help!

Old 07-11-2012, 11:07 AM   #2
2xg
Team Manager, Networking Forums, Microsoft MVP

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

Welcome to TSF,

Have you seen the installation Video for your product?
Amped Wireless Product Support and Customer Service

See if this helps.

Microsoft MVP 2011-2013 Windows Expert Consumer
Networking Articles & Tutorials
2xg is offline   Reply With Quote
Gear in this thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Re: trouble connecting to home wireless network
hi I have the same problem. I disable the 801bg. but the password for the wireless router is ****** but it it asking either 5 or 13 character key. I dont understand why I cannot put the password that other laptop is using to connect to internet. i am typing the same password. any idea???
durevcan Networking Support 4 02-28-2011 04:21 AM
[SOLVED] Having trouble connecting a computer to my home network
Not sure if this is the right place to put this thread... I've spent the last 3 hours working on this and now I feel like committing suicide ugh. Here's the story: got a malicious virus and had to reinstall windows on one of my computers. By some miracle we got that done and now I have XP Pro on...
WeOwnOldBeaters Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite 3 02-08-2011 10:46 AM
Wireless network got screwed up when connecting a laptop with windows 7
Ok, this is giving me a giant headache trying to figure out. I'm currently using a Netgear N150 router. Had everything hooked up and working fine (2 Xboxs, 2 computers). My iPod touch could connect fine to the wireless. So I went to use my netbook one day. I tend to not use it at home but...
xxCloudxx Networking Support 1 02-04-2011 11:28 AM
Linksys Router WRT120N Wireless Problem, Pls HELP
Hi, I got this router two months ago and have its been working flawlessly at the office on Windows XP, ie My laptop can detect the network, connect to it and the internet connection is brilliant. We recently got new laptops that came with Windows 7. On these machines, the network is detected and...
mastia Cabling and Network Cards 1 01-28-2011 08:39 AM
Toshiba Equim wireless not connecting to network
Hi, I have a Thosiba Equim laptop, its a bit old, but the wireless was working fine untill this week. It will detect wireless networks, but when i try to connect to my one it says that it is unable to connect and that i should try again. I have two other laptops, and they both connect straight...
mcgmar Networking Support 4 01-27-2011 04:00 PM