Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Networking Support

Technicolor TG582N wireless router

This is a discussion on Technicolor TG582N wireless router within the Networking Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, I had been using internet provided by our client. Things had been working fine with the internet for the

Old 12-20-2011, 02:06 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi,
I had been using internet provided by our client.
Things had been working fine with the internet for the last 6 months but about two weeks ago I suddenly noticed one evening that no sooner I connect my laptop with internet, both the internet and wireless lights go rapidly blinking and internet speed on my laptop falls to 0.20MBS - 0.28MBS which is slower then any internet speed ratios in the world.

I have tried connecting with the ether net cable and the result is same and Ethernet light starts blinking on the router. I have not tried resetting the router as I don't know the log in details for IP address and other configuration ....
any comments, suggestions, help ???
Many thanks in advance ..

Old 12-20-2011, 02:14 PM   #2
Moderator - Networking

OS: W8 Prox64,Windows 7 Ult 64-Bit SP1, Mac OSX 10.8.2 Mountain Lion, Android 4.1.1 Jellybean, IOS 6

My System

Hi and welcome to TSF,

What internet speed package do you have from your isp?

Any new software installed when the speed drop first occurred?

Have you contacted your isp about this they can do some line quality tests.

Old 12-21-2011, 12:51 PM   #3
Registered Member

Hi,

I am not sure that how much speed is promised but being a business connection it should be fine I suppose around 10-12MBS.
No new software's have been installed apart from we had some issues with old modem and replaced by the new one which is Technicolor TG582N.
This router work brilliantly for the first 2-3 days but then the problem started without installing any additional software's or damage to the cable etc.
Could you please let me know how to trace that who is the ISP because I haven't got access to the bills and I work on my own in nights so don't know who actually is ISP.

Many thanks for your help ...
Old 12-21-2011, 12:57 PM   #4
Moderator - Networking

OS: W8 Prox64,Windows 7 Ult 64-Bit SP1, Mac OSX 10.8.2 Mountain Lion, Android 4.1.1 Jellybean, IOS 6

My System

You need to contact who supplies your internet namely the client.