Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Networking Support

Task manager uses 100% cpu

This is a discussion on Task manager uses 100% cpu within the Networking Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. When I start my computer and wait for it to get fully loaded, I start Task Manager and it tells

Old 03-16-2008, 06:06 PM   #1
Registered Member

When I start my computer and wait for it to get fully loaded, I start Task Manager and it tells me that Task Manager is using between 85 and 100% CPU and it keeps using it for a long time, not just seconds.

Also Zone Alarm Pro warns me that Task Manager is trying to access xx.xxx.xx.xxx DNS. I have been denying this action because in all the years of using windows I have never seen task manager access the internet. And the 2 DNS servers it is trying to access are not my dns servers...
1= 64.233.165.99:DNS and << is listed as:A list of ad server IP addresses for use in blocking ads on the ... according to Google

2= 66.109.38.250:DNS << This is actually associated with my Cable Provider, but not one I use

That is the way ZAP lists them

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am running Win XP Pro Version 2002 SP2

OD3