Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

[SOLVED] Wireless Connections

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Shekka 
#1 ·
I haven't really allowed this to bug me too much, but I went over by a friend's house, used his WiFi, closed my Laptop, it disconnected, I reconnected to his network, came back home, now every time I restart or Shutdown my computer I have to reconnect, not that big of a deal, but I already memorized the WEP by heart and I was wondering if anyone knew one of those settings to change, thanks if anyone knows or has this same issue.

#2 · (Edited)
Re: Wireless Connections

Hello,

I am also having a similar issue as yours as soon as I replace my router from a Linksys G to Netgear Dual Band. My issue is...if I close the lid of my Netbook I have to run the network troubleshooter icon, it says disconnected and identifying. It doesn't bother me much. This has become a very common issue to everyone, incompatibility issue with the router.

I have updated my Wi-Fi adapter and tweaked some setting from the router, like changing the Mixed Mode to G/N and it didn't work. You may try these stuff that I have done, it might work in yours.

Oh, also I did a test, I put the old Linksys router back with the same encryption level - WPA2 and my disconnection issue disappeared.

You might have to get a new Wi-Fi adapter.

#3 ·

Yeah, Its probably because I set the system shutdown to clear Pagefile.sys at shutdown, or a variate of other things I've done to the OS in the time I had it, but I suppose it doesn't hurt to ask.

#4 ·

What is controlling your wireless profile connections? Is it windows or the wireless card software? Try switching to the opposite one and see if that helps. I have seen this issue before with customers systems, and the fix (usually), was to change from letting windows control it to letting the wifi card software control it. Another option would be to try changing the encryption type. Sometimes also changing the channel can help as well...

Maybe that will help?!? ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.