In Windows XP, make sure that Files and Printer sharing is enabled, here's how
Veridy that Netbios is enabled, here's the guide
Regarging 'Error (5) Access Denied', make sure that DHCP Client is started from Control Panel=> change to Classic View then go to Admin Tools then Services. Also, verify that below Services are all Started as well.
• COM+ Event System (for WZC issues)
• Computer Browser
• DHCP Client
• DNS Client
• Network Connections
• Network Location Awareness
• Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
• TCP/IP Netbios helper
• Wireless Zero Configuration ( XP wireless configurations only)
• WLAN AutoConfig ( Vista wireless configurations only)
We'll appreciate an update.